Friday, February 17, 2012

Welcome to the "Cabin Fever" Getting Cricky Blog Hop!!

We're so happy you could join us for this month's Getting Cricky Design Team Blog Hop!!  We have an EXTRA SPECIAL hop for you this month -- All week long, the Design Team has been featuring many of Kristal's stamp sets as well as an array of Cricut Cartridges, SVG cuts, and more in anticipation of the hop...  If you've missed out on any of the week, be sure to check out our previous posts for MORE THAN 100 CREATIVE IDEAS and PROJECTS as well as giveaways, promotions, tips, and tutorials!!

If you've hopped along from Patti then you are in the right place!! If you are just joining me from your dashboard, or reading this via email, please be sure to CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Kristal's blog (you'll want to catch up on all the FUN!!)...

Each of Kristal's stamp sets benefit charity. At least $1 per stamp set goes to benefit the charity noted on the stamp set package. Kristal is donating to the following charities: Cancer Angels, Storefront Shelter for Homeless Children, Intrepid & Fallen Heroes, E. Glaser Pediatric AIDS  Foundation, Doorways Shelter for Women & Children (Domestic Violence), Wayside House for Women, Camp Good Days & Special Times, Adopt a Classroom, and Autism Research Institute. Kristal will donate $1 for every stamp set sold, retail or wholesale to the charity noted; and over time believes this will add up to some wonderful miracles for these special people. So you can feel good that each time you purchase a K Andrew Designs art stamp set, someone around the country is receiving some good help!

K Andrew's stamps are all made and assembled here in the USA, which is very important to Kristal. This ensures all product materials are safe and that jobs are being provided and maintained here in America.  You can learn even more about Kristal's stamps (and pick some up for yourself) by visiting her online store: K Andrew Designs:






Kristal's stamp sets are perfect for cards, layouts, and so much more...

For my project, I'm featuring the Crafty Friends Stamp Set--  For more details or to make this set YOURS, please click on the preview:




Crafty Friends










For my Cabin Fever project I have made a frosted ivy bowl. I had so much fun making this project it was a tad messy but very fun :)

For this project I took a medium ivy bowl that I got at the craft store and cut out some 1" circles using a punch on some vinyl and placed them around the bowl making sure there were no air bubbles for the etch to get under. Then I took Etching cream and painted it all over the bowl and let it set for a minute and then I rinsed it off and peeled off my vinyl circles...
Then I added some cool ribbon from my stash and added a Prima rose that I made (thanks to http://scrappinforkenzie.blogspot.com/2012/02/prima-mini-rose-tutorial.html ) :)
Then I added a tag stamped with K Andrew's stamp set Crafty Friends.



So now that I showed you my project I have to tell you about an awesome deal!!!
 Buy $25, get the Mini Heart Bonus Set for FREE!!









I am the last stop on the list but you are always more than welcome to Hop Back over to Getting Cricky and hop again :) 




Getting Cricky Blog Hop

........................................


31 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bowl, Amanda!! The ribbon and flower are so gorgeous!! I love the frosted look!! :)

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky DT - Sister
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this is BEAUTIFUL!! I love that you can turn something ordinary into something extraordinary!! I picked up some of that etching cream last year and have never tried it... I think this is the inspiration I needed!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your Getting Cricky talent!! :)

    Your GCDT Sister,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely project!! So very stylish!!
    Cheers Jennie GCDT - Sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun project! I really like the ribbon and the rose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Amanda!!! I've been wanting to try etching and I think you've inspired me to give it a try! :) Great job!!!


    Hugs,
    RhoLynda
    GCDT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project! Makes me want to get out the etching cream. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful bowl. I love that ribbon. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bowl is really nice Amanda! My sister-in-law uses cricut cuts to do glass etching all the time. It is messy but always worth it. This is really pretty. Great job!

    Blessings,
    Jana
    Getting Cricky JrDT
    My Website

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your frosted bowl:) cool project. Very creative and FUN!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful! I LOVE the bowl...very elegant!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty bowl.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a Beautiful Ivy bowl its great. I love the tag for it and the ribbon is beautiful. love love the frosted look. thanks for sharing
    Anita Getting Cricky Jr.Dt. sister
    www.anita-craft-corner.blogspot.com
    abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is so pretty!! I am impressed, especially because I have never tried etching glass before (too intimidating!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the frosted look on the vase. The flower and ribbon really add to it!!
    Kristan
    GCDT-Sister

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful bowl - I've done etching before and forgot how easy it really is to do - thanks for inspiring me :)

    Linda
    GC Jr DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful job. Would make an awesome gift. Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry
    Jr. Dt. Sister

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! I love this idea for wedding decor.
    Great job.
    Jessie
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just a gorgeous. bowl. I love it!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amanda, this is beautiful!
    Miranda :)
    Getting Cricky JRDT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. great tag and i love the ribbon you used :)
    Kimberly - leokc34 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the ribbon and the tag...cute idea....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow your project looka great!

    Hugs,
    Veronica JrDT sister
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun hop. Great project. Thanks for sharing.

    pattispaperfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice, I love etching!!

    Ildi your DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so pretty. I've not tried etching like this before. Thanks for sharing how to do it.

    Cheri - Getting Cricky Sister
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Uber idea!! I've not done etching before but had thought about doing so a number of times---this is inspiring:) be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.bbbm.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to try etching some time. This is beautiful. I love it!

    Heather GC Jr DT sister

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments <3

Comment Counter